Friday, August 1, 2008

Let the waiting begin!

Hey all! We went to out ultrasound appointment yesterday. It went really well. It's always neat to see your baby before they are even born. He weighed in at a hefty 8lbs, 4oz. Which means, by the time he is born he will probably be over 9lbs! The ultrasound tech showed us some neat things. We got to see his chubby little cheeks and he has big lips like his Momma! haha... She also could tell that he has some hair! I wonder what color it will be?


After our ultrasound appointment, we met with my doctor. She told us that he has a big head and large shoulders. This will make delivery difficult for me. I'm still not dialated or effaced, even though I've been contracting every night. This leads her to believe that I will not be able to have him "naturally". So, we have scheduled a c-section for Friday, the 8th of August with the hopes of maybe I will go into labor before that. She will let me try if I do go into labor on my own. If it doesn't happen by Friday, then I have my answer. In a way I feel relieved to have some kind of plan. The surgery is scheduled for noon, but we have to be there at 10am.


After telling my Mom about the plan, she called back and told me that he would be born on 8-8-08! How funny is that? Maybe he'll be 8lbs, 8oz. Surely we'd get on the news for that one! Hahaha!


Everyone please say a little prayer that all goes well and we have our healthy baby boy in our arms, safe and sound. I'm so excited to meet this little bundle. I know our lives will change, but I also know it will be for the better.


Sarah's getting excited about "baby broder", but has no idea what's really about to happen. I know she'll do great! She's very nurturing and gentle. BIG SISTER!!!


Oh, and by the way... we are using big girl panties now and no accidents in 4 days! YEAH!!! She's so excited everytime we have success. I thought you would enjoy her potty picture, what a character!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Your page is beautiful! I love the picture of Sarah at the top, it is breathtaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! David and I will be up in Huntsville this weekend, and we would love to meet little Aaron on our way back down to Auburn on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete