Monday, December 14, 2009

Monkey Bread!


We love monkey bread, but since we found out about Aaron Joseph's egg and nut allergies, I've been limited on my recipes. Here's a new one I found and it's SO easy to make!

Ingredients:
4 pack of Pillsbury Country Style Biscuits (they come bundled together and I buy mine at Wal-Mart)
1 c sugar
4 t cinnamon
stick of butter
non-stick spray

Icing:
powdered sugar
fresh squeezed orange (or water, or milk, or apple juice - any kind of liquid)
(I think I do 2 cups of powdered sugar and squeeze 2 very small oranges... we buy them in the bags, so they are smaller)
Mix right before you drizzle over finished monkey bread.

You will use all 4 tubes of biscuits. Mix sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Tear each biscuit into four portions and roll them into a ball in your hand. Roll them in sugar mixture and throw into a greased bunt pan. Do not overthink it, literally toss them into it. After all biscuits are divided, rolled, sugared and in the pan... melt your butter and drizzle overtop of them. Pop it in the oven at 350 and cook until top is brown (if I remember right it's about 30 minutes - but don't take my word for it) Immediately transfer to large plate and mix icing. Drizzle icing over HOT monkey bread - it will soak it up better. AND EAT! YUMMY! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment